Meaning of Ayurveda….Ayurveda can be defined as a system, which uses the inherent principles of nature, to help maintain health in a person by keeping the individual’s body, mind and spirit in perfect equilibrium with nature.
Ayurveda is Sanskrit term, is made up of the words “ayus” and “veda.” “Ayus” means life and “Veda” means knowledge or science. The term “Ayurveda” thus means ‘the knowledge of life’
What is the Origin of Ayurveda?…..Widely regarded as the oldest form of healthcare in the world, Ayurveda is an intricate medical system that originated in India thousands of years ago. The fundamentals of Ayurveda can be found in Hindu scriptures called the Vedas — the ancient Indian books of wisdom. The Rig Veda, which was written over 6,000 years ago, contains a series of prescriptions that can help humans overcome various ailments.
What are the Basic Principles of Ayurveda?…Ayurveda is based on the premise that the universe is made up of five elements: air, fire, water, earth and ether. These elements are represented in humans by three “doshas“, or energies: Vata, Pitta and Kapha.
A typical Ayuredic Programme package would include;
• Accommodation in quality comfortable rooms/resorts
• Vegetarian meals designed to suit your body or dosha type
• All Ayuredic Treatments (2 – 3 hours every day) including cleansing and detoxification processes
• All the Ayuredic Medicine in line with your individual need
• Daily health consultations with qualified and Ayuredic Physicians
• Yoga & meditation classes